I was trying to wait for ESPN to re-open following its incessant annual maintenance before kicking off the Owners’ Meeting, but apparently they struggle to get a bit of website maintenance done within a few days, despite being 80% owned by a $153bn company.
So, here we are. We’ve got 6 possible rule changes to vote on this year - let me know ASAP if you have anything else you’d like to be taken into consideration.
- Flyers: Allow zero dollar bids for waiver bids (current rule: $1 minimum)
- Flyers: Add an extra IR spot (current rule: 3 IR spots during the season)
- Wombats: Re-align the divisions and add an extra ‘Midlands’ division. This is a complex idea requiring its own page of explanation: click here for details
- Flyers: Replace the 3rd WR spot in starting lineups with a 3rd Flex spot (current rule: start 3 WRs, 2 Flex) NOTE: this change would take effect from the 2020 season onwards
- Pythons: Remove divisions entirely, just have one division of 12 (current rule: 2 divisions of 6)
- Seahawks: Move league permanently to MyFantasyLeague, with owners splitting $69.95 cost annually (£4.51 each, on current rates)
If you have any questions about any of the suggestions, please discuss in the league chat.
To submit your votes, please copy/paste the following, remove FOR or AGAINST and leave your preference for each suggestion, and send to your dutiful commissioner on GroupMe.
Zero dollar bids: FOR/AGAINST
Extra IR spot: FOR/AGAINST
Extra Flex instead of 3rd WR: FOR/AGAINST
Division re-alignment: FOR/AGAINST
Remove divisions: FOR/AGAINST
Move league to MFL: FOR/AGAINST